Sub-project 1: Teachers Initial Training
- Implemented tasks and activities/ main achievements:
- Induction training for the teachers of new learning hubs was held in Tbilisi on 28 October – 3 November, 2019. Duration of the training was 2 weekends (4 full days)
- 34 participants from 13 learning hubs participated.
- Participants were consulted by the British Council English language experts. The consultancy and training covered the following themes:
- Communicative English language teaching;
- Delivering English Clubs lessons including gender and DND themes;
- Management and organization of the functioning of the learning hub activities;
- Organization and delivery of the teacher training and TAG programmes,
- Facilitation and management of the learning activities at the learning Hub, etc.
Sub-project 2:‘Operation of Learning Hubs’ started on October 26, 2019.
- Trainings for teachers and for students were initially held on 8 sites: Vale, Orsantia, Chakvi, Didi Jikhaishi, Kabali, Rukhi, Tkviavi and Tsalka.
- From December trainings were held on 5 more sites: Lentekhi, Shuakhevi, Sadakhlo, Adigeni and Mejvriskhevi.
- Number of hours conducted for General English students per site per month is 3;
- Number of hours conducted for DND students per site per month is 3;
- Number of hours conducted for TAG participants per site per month is 5;
- Number of hours conducted by facilitators per site per month is 11.
Sub-project 3: Mentoring (Iris and F2F)
Face to Face Mentoring started in February in all 13 Learning Hubs. 13 Mentors were briefed online on key responsibilities and mentoring methodology. Mentoring involved once a month F2F observation of the Club activities delivered by each teacher. The observation cycle also involved pre-observation guidance by Mentors and post-observation reflection by teachers as well as mentoring meetings lead by Mentors.
Learning Hubs: Improved Skills for Stronger Societies.
Quarterly Report. Organization ETAG. Period covered by the report from October 26, 2019 up to Feb 2020.