ETAG mission is to raise the level of English teaching through providing opportunities for effective teacher development and helping members to network and share experience with colleagues both within Georgia and outside it.
ETAG establishes and maintains close contacts with all secondary and tertiary level institutions where English is taught and supports all kinds of activities aiming to facilitate and foster ELT.
The main aims of ETAG are to:
- raise the level of English language teaching through providing opportunities for effective teacher development
- help members share experience with colleagues both: within Georgia and outside it
- provide professionally managed resources
- initiate and implement ELT development projects in accordance with education reform
- maintain contacts with government and non-governmental structures involved in ELT
ETAG achieves these aims by
- holding international and national conferences
- maintaining professional links with governmental and non-governmental organizations, including IATEFL and TESOL
- implementing collaborative projects
- designing and conducting teacher training courses
- supporting textbook design and dissemination